Saturday, July 17, 2010

"Couldn't wait to get going, but wasn't quite ready to leave"

8 days until my departure date!!! I am so excited to get to Bogota and begin to take it all in. I have been overwhelmed this summer by God's goodness and faithfulness.

"In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good works and praise your father in heaven." Matthew 5:16

I have been in awe of God and his love for me, especially during the last few weeks. He has used my family and friends over and over again to make me feel encouraged, supported and worthy of going to Bogota. Through beautiful handwritten cards, conversations, and prayers prayed over me I have felt God's constant affirmation and truth poured out. He has provided a group of financial supporters that has given me more than enough to cover my living and travel expenses for the 2010-2011 school year. I have plane tickets and a visa. I have met some of the staff at El Camino Academy and was again overwhelmed that I would get to be surrounded by such amazing people and get to be a part of their work in Colombia. I have been able to spend quality time with all of my family and friends that I love so much. I witnessed my nephew's adoption be finalized and was overjoyed that I was able to be present during that unforgettable moment. I stood beside my best friend while she married her love. I have picked peaches with my grandpa. I was the guest of honor at the most charming, lovely, fun surprise party thrown by the greatest people in the world. I have spent the most relaxing, peaceful, fun week at Lake Hartwell with my sweet family. As soon as I start packing, I will be ready to go. I have no doubt that I will miss home so much sometimes that it will be almost unbearable. Pray for me about that and that I would be given passion and purpose while in Bogota! I am going to post pictures of my party, the lake vacation, and the adoption day soon. If anyone can help me figure out how to get an accent over the a in Bogota on my title, a song playlist on here, and how to make a picture collage I would love you forever and ever.

8 comments:

  1. i hope all of your blog posts don't make me cry like that one did. At least there was that awesome song reference in the title that brought me great joy.

    i'm so thankful God has filled up your summer with people who love you and encouragement and support. There is no doubt that you were meant to be in Bogota the way He's blessed this journey every step of the way so far. I cannot wait to read about the life you get to live there and rejoice with you for things you will get to be a part of. I'm so proud of you sis.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will constantly be in our prayers. God will grant you protection, peace, and knowledge. We will miss you and wait patiently for your return to BRCA!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so excited for you! I will pray for you daily!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with Amy...no more crying!! I am going to miss you so much, friend, but I am so excited for you that I could just bust! I can't wait to hear all about your crazy life in Bogota. Love you, friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so ready for this! We will be praying for you every day!
    Love you sweet friend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. á or à Here is your accented a--Check this site out for how to's http://www.starr.net/is/type/altnum.htm

    Songliist I am not sure about. That's Joe's dept.

    Something you may like better than the collage is the photo widget. A little device that you can use to scroll b/w different pics.
    See here: http://www.goodwidgets.com/

    Missy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw yay! I love your first post! Tomorrow is the big day!! The added music makes it so much more lovelier. I love you sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so proud of you! And did I help you with the collages or what? I love you so much...I know everyone you have met have already fallen in love with you. You are amazing and beautiful. I hope to hear about your adventures so soon!

    ReplyDelete